Monday, April 9, 2018

The rain keeps coming and it don't stop coming

When they say april showers, they aren't joking about it in ireland. We've had flash floods on the streets while GQing (finding) so for a few minutes everyone on the streets run inside the nearest store while the rain just pounds away.
But it never stopped this particular buscar from jamming on his guitar. everyone was cheering for him as he was going at it with his guitar solo. I'm beginning to love the area now. I am having an amazing time with the yummy dinners, the strange homeless people, and the stranger magicians and performance artists constantly peppering the air with their toys and instruments.

So we got one thing that happened this week. To be a missionary in ireland, you need a Garda card. It's basically a visa for this country. however due to so much political and religious turmoil regarding the vote to repeal the 8th, or rights to abortion, the law has changed for everyone here. All religious workers are no longer able to receive a garda card. this means if we aren't out of the country in 90 days, we will be kicked out of the country and black listed never to return. It's basically going to turn into the same thing russia has with having ward service missionaries. We know this because an elder went to his appointment eariler in the week and they rejected it, and then told him about it. However, we did some digging. We can still apply under the volunteer section instead of religious worker, and probably have no effect on our work. I don't know for sure, but we will find out soon I assume.

And Elder Ulisses Soares, the apostle from brazil is family friends with an elder that serves on the north side of Dublin, Elder Valiati. When his name was called, he went nuts. Who knows, maybe next conference he could be mentioned in there somewhere! That would be amazing.

I want everyone to know that we are doing the best we can, and I'm doing the best I can. I'm wearing the Utah State shirt, and I'll take pictures while we are out today. I forgot to bring my camera to the internet cafe, where i'm emailing this, so I wont have pictures this week, but I'll be sure to do so next week. Feel free to ask me any fun questions about the culture here, like how the bagpipes in ireland are, or whatever you want. I'm happy to answer them for all of you. 

Have a good week everyone! I'll see you around soon!

Elder Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment