Monday, April 16, 2018

Getting Settled in (AND IM GONE??)

Well a lot has happened in the last week! It was pretty typical, but a little strange, a lot of pictures, had our last big meals, and we got our moves call on saturday.

A typical day well... I would wake up at 6:30. We don't do exercise every day like we should, but lets just say for the sake of the email we did. We would jog about 10 minutes over to the church parking lot where we would meet the district leader, Elder Berry, and his companion, Elder Moffitt. We would play touch rugby or soccer in the parking lot for about 30-40 minutes, then we'd head back. We'd then shower, get ready, study, have our daily planning, then study till 10:00. At 10:00 we'd pray, then head out the door. Our flat was in Rathmines, it's about a 45-50 minute walk from Grafton street. We'd get there around 10:45 ish and then just start talking to people. at say 12:30, we'd go to lunch. whether that was at Dicey's or Boojum, Whatever it may be. After eating we'd walk back to Grafton Street and GQ for an hour or two. Then we'd have companionship study. We'd go inside the Mcdonalds and study from whatever selection of items we wanted. Then we'd usually have a lesson or two somewhere in the day. GQ till dinner, have dinner, then Back to GQing till around 8:00 ish and head back to the flat. We'd get home and study more, relax, talk about whatever, then go to bed.

Since I didn't have anything for you all last week, I took a lot of pictures and I'll share them with you here.

And We got moves call on saturday. I'm no longer in Terenure 1st ward. I've been moved to a different area called Sligo. It's about a 4 hour drive from where I was in Dublin. It's on the west coast near Northern Ireland. It's a beatiful area that has a small city center, and a ton of countryside to visit. This place has a ton of hikes to go on, so expect some really good pictures in the next 7 weeks. I also have a new companion, Elder Calley. He's been serving for 15 months, and he's from minnesota. He's a really smart guy, can't wait to serve with him. His birthday is this saturday, which means we are both celebrating our birthday next week. It's going to be really fun. Our flat is the second best flat in the mission. It's got 2 floors, full appliances, a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and heated tile floors. and a tv. but we don't use it really. And we get to use a car in our area. So I've been driving around this morning. 

There aren't any birthday traditions in this mission, but we'll figure something out. I don't have long, so this is all I can really say, but I'm happy to serve. I've met some amazing people in Dublin, but i'm excited to have a chance to serve in a completely new environment​.

Elder Fisk











3 comments:

  1. So there are a lot more photos that he sent me but I didn't upload them all to this post.

    Funny thing to note...way back when Tyler recieved his call I searched out other missionary blogs to get a feel for what mission life was like for them. His new companion,Elder Calley, was one of the first blogs I started to follow and have read through all his posts. So Tyler can tell his companion that his mom has been stalking him for months! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he include any captions for these pictures? What the heck is that super tall pointy tower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he didn't include any info on what these pictures are of. I will send that picture back to him and ask.😁 I'll let you know!

      Delete