Monday, April 23, 2018

Sligo Surprise

The first week of the transfer has been realllly long. That's how I heard it was, and that's how long it ended up being. It's been strange. Big lesson in patience.
I was "born" in Dublin. Mission lingo for I started there. Dublin has massive city centers, and it's extremely unique, which I didn't realize until I left how good it was. Well by good I mean't easy. In Dublin you just walk around in the same small area and you always have floods of people coming both directions, and you just go. Due to sheer brute force so to speak, you can usually bang out 5-8 qualified appointments per day, and you end up teaching around 3-4 lessons per day. I didn't realize at the time that numbers like that don't just come to you in other places. Sligo is one of those. The city itself has a really small population, most are old people, and the City Center is basically just a big block of buildings wrapped around a river. Not too busy at all, which means you actually have to walk around. We actually have to Knock on doors in the later hours of the day, and you can grind for several days without getting any numbers at all. I then learned a valuable lesson. Every person, every QA, and every Spot lesson is a Gift from God. I have always been a patient person, but I had never before experiened this type of patience before. I was always good at waiting patiently, and it wasn't till I came here that I understood the idea of Working Patiently. 

The concept of diligence has a whole new meaning to me now.
For my birthday, We went to a local bakery and got a cake. Since everything in ireland has to be made with natural ingredients, It was a pretty good cake. And I feel I need to answer the question about food. There are foods you get here that you can't get in the US, and now that I've had them, I'm mad that the US doesn't have these. Here, there are treats you get here called Biscuits, not like the breakfast stuff, like this:


and you can get a sleeve that size for like 1.60 euro. and there are tons of different types of these around. You can find similar things in the US, but they can't really compare to the stuff you get here.
And since everything is made with natural ingredients the cookies and sweets in this country rock. So you already know when I'm headed back home i'm going to be ๐Ÿ’ชlifting๐Ÿ’ช a whole suitcase with this stuff for all you guys. Also I've been Kebab-tized. A proper Irish Kebab is something I'll tell ya. A mission tradition is eating a proper Donner Kebab, as well as receiveing the gift of the Holy Coke. I can't remember all the dialogue about it but it's good stuff.
oh and the Cadbury creme egg McFlurry ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
And So Picure dump!​


The mission is good. See you all soon! I have lots of stories for everyone, but they are not suited for the email!

Elder Fisk





















No comments:

Post a Comment