Monday, March 25, 2019

Transfers are Good!

I'm staying for another transfer in Kilmarnock with Elder Fabiano! so that means my companion and I are going all in. 
I feel like i'm just constantly emailing, with little naps in between them the rest of the world calls weeks. I believe this one is a 5 week transfer so that means this ends at the end of april. strange thing to consider, it is going to go by really fast.

I haven't got a whole lot to update on. My health is great. I'm feeling good, my companion is doing just fine, the area is working well enough. The ward is getting super excited on getting people to church, we are going to be spending the majority of our transfer training members how to be missionaries, how to invite their friends, talk about the book of mormon, and get in touch with us, and we are already seeing loads of success both on our teaching pool, and the testimony of the members increasing, as they share the gospel with the people they love and care for.

It's a tiring work that's for sure. The work changes when you put your heart and soul into it. when it's no longer a job, but it's an extension of your character, and the works vitality is a reflection of your own, it's something I didn't learn when I came out the first time, but it's a skill I've been able to identify and hopefully carry with me after the mission. I was chatting with a member at dinner yesterday about it, and he was telling us about this experience he had when he was working in a pub, and how he took a small independant pub into a thriving and powerful one because he put everything he had into it, and it became his life, and as a result, MANY people recognized the unique change that had occured and flocked to his pub, because it was different from all the rest. It was a slow, but steady growth, that never stopped till the day he left. He left it thriving, and really well off, and within 18 months, it had shut down, because the people who took over the business couldn't do the same.

My hope for all future or current missionaries who end up reading this is to know that there is no possible thing as a bad area. Just bad missionaries. Now in the Book of Mormon we know it was Alma's lot to fall on a more stiffnecked people, but that should only indicate that Alma's original prosyliting approach, calling people to repentance and preaching, wasn't the way to do it, for those specific people, at that specific time. If we become adaptable, changeable according to the labor by which we are called, and the spirit which will teach us truth, we will find success in every possible area we serve in, even in your future callings in the church, and your callings in life.

$Peace$















No comments:

Post a Comment