Monday, March 18, 2019

St. Patty Party

Wow I can't believe it's already been 4 months since I left home for vegas. I've become so adjusted to how things work around here, it just feels normal.

I have a problem with shopping, I like it too much. Today we went to Ayr and went around all the shops finding nice new clothing and I was VERY tempted. But I ended up buying 5 tartan ties today, 4 of them being labeled from native clans, and one that was just really soft so I HAD to buy it. They come from Stewart Royal, Atholl, Thomson, and Macdonald Dress pattern. They are all really nice, but I am going to need a lot more money because they cost like 12-13 pounds each. I am willling to buy loads more if people want me to buy them here and sell them to you when I'm home.

This last week we helped our investigator family paint all their walls, and afterwards had dinner. Really good time with them. We've found a few potential investigators this week and honestly our schedule is already full of a lot of lessons, which is unique to the average week in the mission. Have to give credit to my Las Vegas trainer for showing me how to work really hard and really efficiently. We are pulling our weight here in Kilmarnock, and we can't wait to keep going hard here. Big teaching pools are really stressful but really fun too.

We learned today that we are getting smartphones soon! We received word that we have to take our smartphone training. Exciting times! That means I'll need to pull out some cash for a phone, but that will be fine!

Smartphones are going to elevate my mission work to a higher level, now that I know how powerful they can really be. If used incorrectly, they can be detrimental to the work, but used right, It's POWERFUL. so Excited.

That's me for the week I guess!


















No comments:

Post a Comment