Monday, February 25, 2019

Training is a labor of Love.

Wow training is very different week to week. We are finally making progress on our companionship, and I am seeing him grow. It's really insightful to be on this side of missionary work. I see how well he's doing, when he doesn't at all. I also see where he needs to improve in places he doesn't see yet. It's a powerful tool, being in the position of a trainer.

This last week I was on exchanges with Elder O'Connor, one of our zone leaders, and my companion Elder Fabiano was over in Paisley for the day with Elder Palmer, the second Zone Leader. I was able to learn from a very seasoned and very talented missionary about how to talk to people, how to approach missionary work in general, and I've had such a good time doing so. 

Today I've spent a lot of time in Irvine just hanging out with the Elders here, This week we got a lot of travelling to do. Tomorrow I'll be in Ayr, and Thursday I'll be in Edinburgh for our Scotland South Conference.

I read the letter from the First Presidency about missionaries, and it seemed most people skipped over this pretty important extra detail.
  ''In addition to communicating weekly on preparation day, missionaries also are encouraged to communicate with their families on special occasions such as Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, their parents’ birthdays, and other holidays that are significant in the missionary’s home country or culture'' So that's exciting. 

We've got a crazy week ahead and lots of really good experience at the forefront.

This work is great. I'm loving it, even in the hard times.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment