Monday, February 18, 2019

The Grand Taste of Mexican Food

This last week has been a huge learning experience. Training is a whole new ball game. I've learned that I don't really know what i'm doing. It's made a huge difference going from a companion that's served for an entire mission, and he's got all this experience, to my current companion, who is finely pressed out of the MTC. 
Cool things that happened this week were we had Chicken Enchiladas at the Walker's flat yesterday for Dinner, which was SUPER nice, since she got a few things sent to her from back home. I missed some proper Mexican food, so it was really good. Also last week the walkers went to the Costco in Glasgow and bought us a big package of Krusteaz Pancake mix so we are living good at home. We visited with 3 less actives yesterday and all of them are super excited to come back.
So the story is this lady called us on thursday during weekly planning and told us she wanted to start coming back to church. When we went to her house last night, her mother was there as well as her husband, they hadn't been to church in a long time and they felt they needed to start their journey again. We talked to them about Come Follow Me, and our study group on wednesdays, and they thought that would be amazing, so they are going to be coming to that this week, as well as coming to church on Sunday.

I haven't taken any pictures this week, except for a picture of a contract that My companion and I made this week in order to focus our efforts and increase our capacity to follow the rules, and to inspire us to be missionaries. I picked this up from my Vegas missionary friends (Luv ya!) and it works really well. I'm going to continue this tradition my whole mission.

Not sure what i'm going to do for todays adventure, but I'll let you all know next week what went down. See you all later!


No comments:

Post a Comment