Monday, June 4, 2018

Transfers!!

The 7 transfer has come to an end. It's been a great one. I'm happy to serve here. So for me, I'm staying in Sligo, and I got a new companion!! His name is elder Siswick! This will be his first time in Ireland on his mission, so I better give him a good first impression! I'm excited to meet him, I know it's going to be awesome.
Not much is different from last week though! Life on the mission is wild and crazy, and it's so worth it!  The music in the church here is the same. We sing the same songs that we all sing back home. and It's the same with people who play music. It's usually just that one person in the branch/ward that plays every week. The worst smells in ireland are definetly in Dublin. Saturday and Sunday morning are the worst times to be in the city. The air is caked with pollutants, smoke, and drink scattered along the ground. It's absolutely dreadful. But by like 10-11 enough wind, combined with the city sweepers clean the grounds a bit and the city starts to be fine again. The best smell definetly comes from a clean hard rain at the balcony connected to our flat.
Not a whole lot is going on here today. I didn't bring my camera with me, I left it in the car! I'll have pictures for you all next week. and I'll make sure to get some pictures with my companion If I can. We'll see though. Feel free to ask me about any questions about Ireland. I'll give you one thing right now actually. There's a special flavor of 7-up that you can only get in ireland. Called Mojito. It's the exact same flavor as the green spear mint gum you get from Extra. It's a little offputting at first, but after a bit, it starts tasting real good.
Stay frosty!
Elder Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment