Monday, June 25, 2018

Thinking week

Well Sligo Is fantastic. Especially this past week, the Summer Solstice! Unfortunately, the sun is really giddy to be up in the morning, so you can imagine it's been a bit easier to wake up. Strange to think about how much it has changed since I started. Back in march it was dark nice and early. Now, It's not even dark when we go to bed. Here, this is what it looks like outside at 9:00, when we get back to the flat at the end of the day. Nice and bright, great.




 And this is what it looks like at 10:30, when we are supposed to be in bed sleeping
.


​Gosh dangit.

Well good news is I was finally able to go up Knocknarea with my companion last Monday. It was perfectly sunny until we got in the car to leave. then BOOM clouds everywhere. Well that's Ireland for you. ​



 ​I've been thinking a lot about the sermon on the mount. I've spent a long time pondering the many wonderful councils given by our Savior. As beautiful as this country is, and delicious as the chocolate and the sweets this country is, and as magnificent as the members are, It's become quite clear to me how much more worth my family has become. To lay yourselves treasure in heaven... I'd give it all up, the people, the food, the culture, for my family. However, I am not here for the people, nor the food, nor the culture. I'm here to serve. how can I fully and guiltlessly enjoy the wonderful blessings of the fullness of the Gospel that I was born into without doing everything I can to share it with even one other person in the whole world?


Elder Fisk






























No comments:

Post a Comment