Monday, December 17, 2018

There is peace in this life

Wow ok this week was amazing. I have never before felt the guiding light of the spirit in such an abundance for as long a period of time as I have this week. The amount of blessings and miracles I've seen are even more abundant in my heart than they have ever been. 

One thing that has heavily contributed to the amount of success I've had this week most definitely comes from our missions lack of focus on the numbers. As a general mindset, we are fixated not on the numbers we have, but the people in our area that need to be taught. Due to not focusing on numbers but rather the spirit led guidance on daily goals, we have in one week turned an area that has had longstanding zeroes for the last 8-9 months into a competitive and harvest ready area. The field truly is white to those who are guided by the spirit. 

I can also testify of how crucial the last minutes of every day are. The most impactful moment of this week were when we had 5 minutes before 9:00 pm, and we felt prompted to knock on one last door. 

I'm seeing lives changed by our simple words because the spirit guides them. Just yesterday we had a lesson where in my opinion was hot trash on our side, but because the spirit was able to bear a sure witness, the family we were teaching knew for a surety of the things we said, that they were true. 

Fun experience time, we knocked on a former investigators door around 8:30 pm in a really shady area. He opened up and immediately was like "boys I'm not interested" but before he could say anything, I felt prompted to testify of the doctrine of Christ. It caught his attention, and after I had finished, he stopped, and told us that he's been in a rough patch, and that he really feels he needs to start going to church. We have a followup appointment with him tonight. After we were walking away, we stopped about 20 feet away from a light pole and stopped to make a report on the lesson we just had with this guy. After a few minutes, a car from the other end of the road came driving by and randomly slowed down and nearly parked next to us, and rolled down their window, and the guy in the car looked at us and said "nah just kidding" and turned around. He went near the back end of the street and turned off his lights. After about ten seconds, a guy walks through the shadows and approaches the vehicle. He hands the driver "something" then walked away, back into the darkness, after about ten more seconds, the driver turns his light back on and drives out of the neighborhood. Uhh. K I guess that's what happens when you and your companion wear black in dark streets in Vegas.

I've got many experiences to share but I guess. That's not as important as knowing I'm safe, I'm following the spirit and all will continue to be well.

There is peace in this life. When your words and your actions are in sync with your thoughts and intentions, you experience a peace only found in this gospel.

I know why I was sent here. And it's a simple and profound reason.

The cookies in the picture we got from a German lady who liked what we were out doing. The middle guy in the picture of the three of us is my companion, Elder Settle. The last pic is the church I'm emailing from.

Elder Fisk


                   



                   



No comments:

Post a Comment