Monday, December 10, 2018

6 hours of church, guns, and blessings

Wow this week has been fun. I've got so many things to talk about.

Ok so this mission is Awesome! I've had a fantastic time here, and so many amazing experiences already. I've met close relations to the home ward! the Clarks relatives, a friend of the Bentschnieders, and tons of people who have lived in Springville before, all in like 2 days of service. 

My companions name is Elder Settle. He's from Colorado Springs. He and I are already good friends. We white washed into an area that had a history of zeros for weeks, so we came here and broke it.

This is a technology mission, so I've had a smartphone, and I must say the apps we get to use make missionary work soo much cleaner. It's kind of hard to explain to someone who doesn't know different, but I'd be able to describe it to all my friends using pen and paper in the Scotland Ireland mission. My area covers 2 wards. Palmhurst and westcliff from the Las Vegas Stake. 

This area I'm in we bike, and in our apartment we have 5 elders, so we party every night. 

I can fill more details in further emails, I want to talk about some crazy things this week. Our wards start at 9:00 and 1:00 respectively. This means we are at church from about 8:30 to shortly after 4:00. That was good. This will change at the start of the year, so I'm excited for what's coming. 

So I got in Vegas about Wednesday evening and my companion and I headed out to see what's with our area. We white washed in, meaning both elders in the area were replaced. While locating some formers, we walked by this guy named William who was hanging out near his friends house making sure no sketchy guys we're coming. He called it holding down the fort. Later that evening we passed by him again while he was talking with one of his friends who had been through a lot. After we talked with him for a while, he asked us to give him a blessing, so we pulled out a chair and I gave him a blessing right out on their driveway. Day 1! 

Since then time has been flying by, which I'm grateful for.

We've had guys point guns at us, brave old ladies defending her house from us, members bringing us in for lessons and dinner, and everything has been so fun. 

I'm not at a church, so I can't send photos home right now, but if we are later today, I'll send them home.

Love from Vegas!

Elder Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment