Monday, December 31, 2018

The miracle of the gospel


This weekend I've had a very special occasion happen. As the Nashville Tribute Band song goes:

"as someone I've come to love got dressed in white, my eyes caught their first glimpse at heavens light"

I've been a witness and an observer to the power of God, and of his grace, and his love. I find much comfort in the words of Christ, as he explains the purpose and plan for the church in 3rd Nephi 27. 

14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—
15 And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.
16 And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world.

This is why our church exists, this core message needs to be sent unto the hearts of every person on earth, so they can choose to let it enter into their hearts by their own agency.
I'll send pictures when I get to the church like usual. 

Fun experience! Last night after all of us got back to the apartment, we slightly filled up the other elders bathtub with hot water and soap, and put our dinner table in the tub and ate cereal (this bathtub is massive). So we all soaked our feet and ate some cold cereal and beef jerky. I'll likely be getting those pictures soon, and if I do, I'll send them home.

One picture is with the bishop, and the 3rd pic was on Christmas day, it was super bright and extremely windy that day, so I had to be very bundled up. 

Elder Fisk







No comments:

Post a Comment