Sunday, March 18, 2018

The week in reflection

Hey I'm emailing today instead of tuesday. The MTC president has no idea if we will be able to email you because we are leaving tuesday morning to go to the field. So He's having us send these today. The last week has been insanely awesome. So much inspiration, so much learning. I'm absolutely excited to leave on tuesday. I also have a lot of time so this one can at least have some detail, rather than just a quick story and testimony like last week.
So now that i've tried real authentic fish and chips, I understand why people want you to try it. It's just sooo much better than what we have back home. We ate at a pub a few blocks from the mtc. 
    Also the MTC is absolutetly amazing. I don't know what you all know about it, But i'll assume it's not a whole lot. The entire mtc is just one building. 3 floors. The facility can fit a maximum of 150 people. On average, it's around 30-50 every transfer. As you can imagine, i've grown very close with all these people here, since there are so few of us, it's amazing to have this experience. The food they serve here at the mtc is also really good too. Today they fed us a classic Baked Potato and chili. There are a lot of little things they have here that are different. For example, the way toilets work here is there's a separate handle from the toilet that is basically a hatch. the longer you hold down, the more water runs, rather than just the 1-2 gallons that they do in the US. Also, when you are shopping, and you are paying for all your stuff, you pay for your bags. so if I bought a bunch of stuff and they put it in three bags, i pay 5p for each bag. If I want to pay for a nicer bag, than I can get a 10p bag. They do this to encourage people to either not use bags, or bring your own. 
     I've learned so much about how to teach the gospel to people. I've also spent loads of hours into scripture study and conference talks. I've started good habits, like cleanliness, both in my room, with my laundry, and my body. Keeping a stable sleep schedule I didn't realize is something that anyone can do, but no one does. But it makes life so much easier. I usually get up a minute or two before my alarm, and when it goes off, All of us jump out of bed at once, and we kick off the day. I'm in what many may call, a high time in life. May I remind you all to pray to God, not just when it's hard, but when it's easy. Don't pray after the manner of a shopping list, or a christmas wish list. GIve thanks for all things God has given you, and you shall find joy therein. I want all of you back home to look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that God loves you so much that he is giving you every day of your life to come closer to him. 

Before I go, I want to share a bit of revelation about a certain story in the new testament that I feel prompted to share. A woman who was caught in the very act of adultery was taken before Jesus, and asked what was to be done. According to the law of the land, even the law of moses, it was required that she should be stoned for whoredom. Jesus told them "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I'm sure most everyone has heard this story before, but maybe you haven't thought of it this way, and this is my purpose of mentioning this story to you my family and friends. We need to remember that she, even the one who had sinned, was not allowed to cast the stone. Yea, even Jesus was left alone with her, and he told her to go and sin no more. Let this be a reminder to all people that they should not judge themselves nor their salvation based on what they have done, Jesus is the only one who can judge you for a sin or mistake you have made in your life. Not even you. Go no more after yourselves for your shortcomings, and turn yourself to Christ, who alone is mighty to save.  Go no more after the lusts of your eyes, but cross yourself in all these things. Forgive yourself of your shortcomings, and plead with God. Repent, and live with God, for that is the only way we will be able to live forever with happiness, and Joy. Peace be with all of you.

Email me, I love reading what you have to say. ask questions, and seek yourselves the kingdom of God. This is the only time I have to speak to you as a representative of Jesus Christ, So feel free to talk to me about whatever you would like. 

See you in 100 weeks!

Elder Fisk​




No comments:

Post a Comment