Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Life is good

I just had a miracle performed today not even an hour before this email was sent. I've been struggling through a ingrown toenail for the last week. Today while in the temple, it was so painful, while walking up stairs, I had to almost limp my way on my heel. I had to remove the slipper from my foot while we were sitting down, only to relieve the tension on my foot while I wasn't walking. In the celestial room, I located a book of mormon, then earnestly prayed with my heart that I may find comfort and peace. I asked that this one time my hands may be guided to the words I needed to receive. I opened to Alma chapter 14. In this chapter, Alma and Amulek were in prison, chained, stripped of clothing, starved, thirsted, and mocked by the chief judge and his apostles for their faith in a God that didn't exist. They mocked and beat them, and locked them away. and when they were to lift their hands to slay them, as we read in verse 26, "and alma cried, saying: How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they Broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them." I was considering the story as I made my way back to the changing room. As I was getting ready to change my socks, I prayed with all the earesty of my heart. I pleaded with my father in heaven that my constant pain will flee, and my affliction that distracts from my purpose as a missionary will be released, according to the faith in my heart. I knew if John Tanner could have a diseased Leg healed by his faith, by the power of the Priesthood, I can have this pain be rented from me. When I finished my prayer, I took off the sock. My toe was healed. I no longer felt pain. I slipped my socks and shoes on and walked all the way back to the mtc, a Healed and faithful servant.

I wish that I had time to share my knowledge of the gospel, that there is a purpose to our life. All true questions from the heart can be answered, and every doubt and challenge you face can be purified through the atonement of Christ. God be with all of you, who labor on the other side of the world. 










1 comment:

  1. Wow that is an incredible story. You have a lot of faith.

    Those pictures are amazing. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete