Monday, August 12, 2019

The Beginning of the End....

This week has been really good actually! Big highlights!

On Thursday we had our zone conference, and it was a little different this time. The sisters in my MTC district go home this transfer, so that meant today they gave their departing testimonies. It was great to reflect with them about our original journey into the mission what felt like so long ago. And one of them is in my district! So I get to be in frequent contact with her till she goes home! 

We've had some torrential rain this week! Flash flooding happened all over the highlands. Our drive to Aberdeen was pretty sketchy but it was STILL beautiful! 

We had exchanges with the invergordon elders and we blitzed a town about a half hour away from us called Nairn. 

We are subject to a beautiful travel day today as we journey to the isle of skye. Super excited to get this fabled CTR ring. I told the stornaway sisters to go get one on their way down from the island for conference, and one did, and she brought it to the conference to show me. Oh my goodness it's cool. I've got no other real bucket list souvenirs that I really want. I COULD get a kilt but they have been fast fading from the culture, you really only see people wearing them for the tourists in the shops or on the high streets playing bagpipes. Other than that you basically never see them. Scotland is taking a blow culturally. The international cell phone and internet culture had an iron grip here as well. 

Thought this week comes from the doctrine and covenants. If I had been shown this scripture when I went home it would have helped me out so much. If anyone has something out of their control take them out of the mission field whether sickness, injury, or brutality, I say brutality because in some areas there are missionaries that go home because they got beat up real bad on their mission. I've heard of one who was separated from their companion by a Mob, and beaten, then thrown in jail since they didnt have immediate proof that they were a citizen, or legally allowed to be there. Once they got out, they went home. I'd likely feel the same if I was in their place. 

Doctrine and Covenants 124
49 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.

Hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment